Meulan born of a come across, that of water and earth, the future province of the city is a place ideal for passage the Seine. Meulan is situated north west of the Yvelines at the border of the Parc Naturel Regional du Vexin French. Les Yvelines is one of the biggest French departments but more significantly one of the richest in terms of monuments, castles, Art Galleries, Historical interests, Museum and historical sites.
Les Tourelles de Thun BnB – Meulan-en-Yvelines
B&B located near Paris in the town of Meulan-en-Yvelines, Les Tourelles de Thun is a peaceful haven of comfort and tranquility surrounded by a walled garden and offering the most amazing views of the Seine valley. Three spacious rooms tastefully and stylishly refurbished in November 2010 are available to our guests. And for those interested in tasting French traditional meals, we offer “table d’hôte” services every evening upon booking.
Alexandre guest room
IDEAL FOR A ROMANTIC GETAWAY, Located on the first floor of the guest house, this room has a gorgeous view looking out over the garden. The grey and rose tone theming of the décor helps to deliver a sensation of calm and quietness. The original bathroom located in the tower was completely redesigned to provide a modern en-suite whilst keeping the ancient style. There is One bedroom with king size bed for 2 person and bathroom / private bath.
Pallas guest room
FOR A RELAXING STAY, This classically decorated guest room inspires dreams of far reaching travels and voyages. South facing, it is wonderfully light and airy. A unique feature of this room is the walk-in dressing room, which has been converted from one of the four towers of the house. The dressing room is ideal for those staying to attend a special occasion (weddings, christening etc.). An extravagantly spacious bathroom equipped with a bath and shower makes this guest room a veritable home away from home. There is One bedroom with king size bed for 2 person and bathroom / private bath.
IDEAL FOR FAMILIES, Located on the second floor, Lahire is a 60 square meters suite consisting of a west-facing parental room that offers views of the most beautiful sunsets and of a smaller room where a third person or 2 kids can stay. Both rooms are equipped with double beds. This accommodation has an en suite bathroom including bath, shower and toilet. Lahire is ideal for a family of 4. There is One bedroom with 1 king size bed and double bed for 3 person and bathroom / private bath.
FOR A COMFY STAY, Located on the second floor, Hector’s guest room has a panoramic view of the Seine valley and was decorated in pastel colors to complements its south exposure. There is One bedroom with king size bed for 2 person and bathroom / private bath.
Complimentary breakfast is included in the guest room price (for the number of guests occupying the room). Breakfast is served in the dining room in winter and in the garden in summer (weather permitting) from 7.30AM until 9PM during the week and from 8.30AM until 10AM weekends.
Remark for Guests
Parking: Guests can park their car in the private, secure garden, which can be entered via an automated gate.
Pets and animals are not permitted. We are sorry for any disappointment this may cause.
Non-smoker house: For your comfort, all our guest-rooms are non-smoking.
UNMISSABLE – TOURIST ATTRACTIONS
Les Yvelines is one of the largest French départements but more importantly one of the richest in terms of monuments, castles and historical sites. Located in the North of the département, our guest house is about 20-30 km to all these magical and un-missable touristic sites:
- Versailles’s castle and its Gardens: residence of the French kings Louis XIV, Louis XV and Louis XVI, erected to glorify French monarchy.
- St Germain-en-Laye’s forest and castle that hosts the Museum of Archeology and the Kings kitchen garden
- Thoiry’s castle, gardens, park and famous Reserve Africaine
- Marly-Le-Roi’s park and the Museum of Promenade. Marly-le-Roi was Sun King Louis XIVs favourite park when he wanted to escape Versailles and needed a little intimacy. It was also the location of the Château de Marly, the famous leisure residence which was destroyed after the French Revolution. The park of the now destroyed château has been restored with its waterways and lawns
- Poissy and the maison Savoye erected by le Corbusier in 1931 for the Savoye family as a second home (vacation house)
- Giverny and Claude Monets house. With 500,000 visitors in 2010 it is the second most visited site in Normandy after the Mont St Michel. The house gardens have received the label jardin remarquable (literally noteworthy/remarkable garden) by the French Ministry of Culture.
- Monte-Cristos castle was Alexandre Dumass house. It was built in 1846 in the lovely city of Port-Marly by architect Hippolyte Durand in a 9 hectare park arranged as an English style garden
- The city of Médan features both the Château de Maeterlinck and Emile Zolas House: Château de Maeterlinck.
How to reach
We are ideally located if you wish to visit Paris and its surroundings or you are on your way to your holiday destination. By car: we are 30 minutes away from Paris and two and a half hours from Calais. By train: you can reach our guest house by taking a train from Paris St Lazare train station (Direction Mantes-La Jolie via Conflans). Get off at Thun-Le-Paradis which is a short walk from our guest house.